f you’d like to find out more about balanced homemade dog food diets, long-term care or the dangers of some commercial foods, please see the links below to some of our friends in the canine community.
- A crusader in the world of healthy pet foods, Thixton examines everything from the newest & best fresh dog foods on the market to the latest recalls. Her blog, TruthaboutPetFood.com is informative, comprehensive and very educational. Considered an expert on the dangers of preservatives and additives, Thixton gives speeches around the US and has testified in Congress about her cause.
- We fully recommend reading her book Buyer Beware, which exposes the corruption of the commercial dog food companies in North America.
Dr. Patrick Mahaney
- Holistic veterinarian Dr. Mahaney discusses causes close to his heart in a variety of international media outlets, including MSNBC and TeddyHilton.com. He also volunteers his time with organisations such as Amazon CARES. Check out his website at www.patrickmahaney.com.
Dr. Marion Nestle
- Nestle is Paulette Goddard Professor in the Department of Nutrition, Food Studies, and Public Health (the department she chaired from 1988-2003) and Professor of Sociology at New York University. Her degrees include a Ph.D. in molecular biology and an M.P.H. in public health nutrition, both from the University of California, Berkeley.
- Her explorations in nutrition and health have won her numerous awards. You can read more on her blog www.foodpolitics.com or in her books Feed Your Pet Right and Pet Food Politics.
Ann N. Martin
- An international authority on commercial dog food company controversies, Martin received a journalism award from “Project Censored” at Sonoma State University for her research on the subject. You can find more information by visiting her blog or by checking out her book, Food Pets Die For: Shocking Facts About Pet Food.
A Few More Books to Consider